About UsShare God's Love & Grace
Come Camping With Us
The Dakotas Conference has three camps: Lake Poinsett Camp on the south shore of Lake Poinsett in east central South Dakota, Storm Mountain Center in the Black Hills of South Dakota and Wesley Acres Camp and Retreat Center located north of Valley City, North Dakota. Spend some time exploring our website to learn more about the great camping ministry in the Dakotas Conference where we provide Christian places apart where all people can experience God’s grace and love and grow in discipleship. Come, experience all that the Dakotas Camping Ministry has to offer!
- Great Christian camps for all ages to include your children, grandchildren, your church family, members of your community and/or yourself
- Warm, inviting Christian Hospitality and Christian Community
- A place of welcome where all your needs are met for your next meeting, workshop, conference or family reunion
- A place of quiet and solitude to reflect and renew
- Fun, new friends, new opportunities and great fellowship
“Experiencing...Christ, Creation, and Community through Camp and Retreat ministries”
We do this as we:
- Provide Sacred Places Apart
- Nurture Christian Faith and Discipleship
- Teach Creation Care and Appreciation
- Partner with United Methodist Churches and Agencies
- Extend Christian Hospitality and Community
- Develop Principled Spiritual Leaders
- Inspire and Equip Lives for Love and Justice
Outcomes: The Camping Ministry is a key partner within the Conference to help develop missional leaders and equip missional congregations. To that end the Camp and Retreat Ministry will focus on developing individuals to become their best self that God calls them to be. We will provide age appropriate opportunities for individuals to grow in these key outcomes:
- Sharing their faith
- Loving Everyone
- Serving Others
- Trusting God
The Dakotas Camp and Retreat ministry is part of the ministry of the Dakotas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. With two camps in South Dakota and one in North Dakota, we offer Christian hospitality and places apart where all individuals may experience God’s grace and love and grow in discipleship. Close friendships and Christian community grow quickly at camp where lives are transformed.
In addition, we will partner with local churches as we work together to continue to grow disciples and leaders that are making a difference in their schools, churches and communities.
The Dakota’s Camp and Retreat Ministry has a long, strong partnership with the Dakotas Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church. Many lives have been impacted as a result of time spent at one of our three campsites. Thank you for your prayers and support as we continue the journey of making disciples for Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Time of a Lifetime
Great service and friendly staff. Beautiful location and nice new cabins Hubbard and Grinager....Read More